Exam content is often shared online and students can find exam's questions and answers with a simple Google search. Our revamped feature provides the structure to protect your exam questions, and encourages students to maintain academic integrity.
As an instructor or exam administrator, you need clarity on which of your questions have been shared online and clear actions you can take to protect your exam's integrity.
Utilizing Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) takedown functions is part of the challenge, but what about questions that have leaked out onto multiple websites? Sending emails to several sites is not an effective solution. Honorlock's revamped Search & Destroy will identify these commonly found questions, empowering you to update your exam content to be more secure. In addition, Search & Destroy puts the control in your hands regarding DMCA takedown requests. You can select specific questions or send DMCA takedown notices to the entire batch with one click.
This feature is available to all Honorlock clients at no additional charge. Once your Universal Third-Party exam is created within Honorlock, you will have the ability to export your exam questions (from your preferred third-party website) and upload them into our LTI in order to utilize Search & Destroy.
Currently, Search & Destroy may only be initiated once per exam, so please be mindful to complete this process once your exam questions are ready to be processed.
How It Works (Third Party Assessments)
Navigate to your preferred third-party website and export your exam questions. Instructions on how to complete this process will vary based on the website being used to administer your exam. Please note that the file must be exported and saved as a CSV file (comma delimited). Additionally, the exported file must only contain one column and cannot include any headers.
2) Once you have exported your exam questions, navigate to the Honorlock LTI within your course (located within your Learning Management System). Please reach out to your institution’s Key Administrator if you require additional assistance with locating our LTI.
3) Locate your created third-party assessment and proceed to click on Settings.
4) Click on the Search & Destroy tab and proceed to click on Upload Questions Here.
5) From the upload page, you will have the ability to either drag in, or select, your CSV file containing your exam’s questions.
6) Once you have selected your question file, review the questions to ensure that they have been uploaded correctly. Once you are satisfied, proceed to click on Save to process.
7) Within the Honorlock LTI, select Results on the assessment you want to manage.
8) Navigate to the Search & Destroy tab.
In this tab, the assessment’s search results will appear. Questions are placed into three categories: Compromised Items, Commonly Found Items, and Unique Items.
These questions were found on five or fewer supported websites. Honorlock can process DMCA takedown requests for at least one of several websites if the exam administrator owns the assessment content. To initiate the DMCA takedown process for questions in the Compromised Items category, select the Send Takedown to All button. If you wish to view detailed results within this category, select the dropdown icon on the right.
Commonly Found Items:
These questions were found on more than five websites, or on zero supported websites. We recommend changing these questions.
These questions were not found in Honorlock’s search results. These are unique questions your students will likely not find online. Remember to click on the dropdown icon on the right to view detailed results of your questions for any of the result categories.
Click on Search and Destroy FAQ for Frequently Asked Questions.