Mac 12.3 Screen Share
If you are using Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina) or higher, click
An issue with Chrome and the newest Mac operating systems (Mac OS 12.3 and higher) has resulted in some users encountering issues enabling screen sharing permissions. Prior to following the below steps, please review our main screen share permissions guide to ensure that permission has been granted. If permission has been granted and you are still encountering an error where the Share button is grayed out, please follow the below steps:
Check for Chrome Updates
1) In your address bar, paste chrome://settings/help
2) Chrome will begin to automatically update if you are not on the most recent version of Chrome.
3) Once the update is complete, click Relaunch. If this did not resolve the issue, please proceed to step 2.
Check System Preferences for Privacy Settings
1) Select the Apple icon at the top left of your screen and select System Preferences.
2) Navigate to Security & Privacy.
3) Click on the Privacy tab and navigate to Screen Recording in the left pane. Select the gold lock in the bottom left and enter your password to make changes. Then, check the box next to Google Chrome.
4) If there is a checkmark next to Google Chrome, uncheck and recheck the box.
5) Once Google Chrome has been enabled, refresh your exam page and relaunch proctoring. If the issue persists, please proceed to step 3.
Uninstall & Reinstall Chrome
1) At the bottom of your computer screen, in your Dock, right-click Chrome. Click quit.
2) Open Finder.
3) Go to the folder containing the Google Chrome application on your computer, most likely in applications. If not, go to File and then Find, and search for "Google Chrome."
4) Drag Google Chrome to the Trash.
5) Download the .
6) Open the file called "googlechrome.dmg."
7) In the window that opens, find Chrome Chrome.
8) Drag Chrome to the Applications folder.
- You might be asked to enter the admin password.
- If you don't know the admin password, drag Chrome to a place on your computer where you can make edits, like your desktop.
9) Open Chrome.
10) Open Finder.
11) In the sidebar, to the right of Google Chrome, click Eject.