Honorlock Universal Third Party Integration allows the student to test outside of their LMS, via a third-party publisher website, while their session is still being proctored.
Scroll to read the step-by-step instructions or review the video below:
1) Within your LMS (Canvas, D2L, Blackboard), find your respective course, locate and launch the Honorlock LTI. You will be directed to the Honorlock Launch Page, which will assist with tracking your overall exam progress, and provide you with instructions required for each step.
2) Head back to the Honorlock Launch page, and agree to Honorlock's Terms of Service and our Exam Taker Privacy Notice policy before launching proctoring. Select continue. Note: This is the pinned tab with the shield.
3) Once you are ready to begin the authentication process, click on Begin Authentication.
4) If Browser Guard is enabled, you will be prompted with the message below. Once you click on continue, you will not be able to access any other applications or resources. Any attempts to do so will be flagged for academic review. You will then be prompted to review Privacy Details and select I understand to continue.
5) You will receive a prompt, as Honorlock will require access to your device’s webcam and microphone. To allow and move forward with your exam, click Allow.
6) After allowing Honorlock access, you will be prompted to take a photo of yourself as part of Honorlock’s authentication process. Center your face and take a photo by clicking Take Photo.
7) An ID Photo will also be required as part of Honorock’s authentication process. Hold your photo ID into the frame and click on Take ID Photo. Please be sure that your ID is centered and clearly visible during this process.
8) The last step of the authentication process is the 360° Room Scan. To complete a successful room scan, click on Begin and rotate your camera 360°, showing your entire test-taking environment and desk area.
9) After you have completed your room scan, you will be asked to confirm your recording. The recording will playback for you to reference. Once you have confirmed the room scan and are satisfied with the recording, proceed to click on Submit.
10) After selecting Submit, the next step will be to launch the screen recording. To begin, click Proceed.
11) To complete the screen recording setup, click on the screen you wish to share, and then click the Share button.
12) The last step in the process of launching a third party exam is accessing the exam itself. Begin by clicking on the Open Exam Site button.
13) Follow the guided prompt in the bottom left corner of your test window in order to locate the third party exam. Once located, click I Have Found My Exam.
14) To gain access to the exam, click the Unlock Exam button located in the guided prompt found in the bottom-left corner of your test window which will populate the exam password within the required field.
15) Once the exam password has populated within the field, proceed to click on Submit (this button/verbiage could be slightly different depending on the third party). Doing this will grant you access to your exam. Please note that if BrowserGuard is not enabled for your exam, you will not see the blue border around the testing window as shown in the image below. You can minimize the Honorlock Proctoring window at any time.
16) Once you are done with your exam, you can proceed to submit your test.
17) Once you see the confirmation page, you have successfully ended your proctoring session and no further action is required.