If you are using Mac 12.3 or higher, click
If you are using Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina) or higher you will need to enable Screen Recording for Google Chrome to allow apps to record the contents of your screen. Click here for steps on how to see which operating system is installed. If you have not granted those permissions yet, you will receive the below error message when you attempt to start your Honorlock assessment. If you have already given Google Chrome access to screen recording, please follow step 5 below.
Please see the resolution steps below:
1) Select the Apple icon at the top left of your screen and select System Preferences or System Settings.
2) Navigate to Security & Privacy.
3) Click on the Privacy tab and navigate to Screen Recording in the left pane. Select the gold lock in the bottom left and enter your password to make changes. Then, check the box next to Google Chrome.
4) If there is a checkmark or toggle next to Google Chrome, uncheck and recheck the box or toggle off and on again.
5) Once Google Chrome has been enabled, refresh your exam page and relaunch proctoring.
6) If the issue persists, restart Chrome, completely.