When configuring your exam in Honorlock, you can enable specific proctoring guidelines. These guidelines are used by the proctors when reviewing your students in their exams. If a faculty member provides no testing guidelines, our proctors will abide by the following proctoring guidelines:
- Lighting in the room must be bright enough to show the student's face and the surrounding area in a clear and detailed manner.
- Students should be seated at a desk or table. Laying down in bed or elsewhere when taking the exam is not allowed.
- Students should clear their desk or table of all other materials (e.g., books, papers, notebooks, calculators, etc.)
- Students must show the work area as well as the entire room during the room scan.
- No visible writing on the desk or walls is permitted.
- All third-party programs and windows (websites, Excel, Word, etc.) on the testing computer must be closed before logging into the proctored test environment.
- Loud music, television, or other distractions playing in the background are prohibited.
- No other people or parties aside from the exam taker is permitted near the testing environment, and all communication between the exam taker and other people is prohibited.
- Students must not leave the room during the testing period at any time or take the computer into another room without Honorlock's permission.
- No breaks will be permitted.
- Use of hats, hoodies, headsets, or earplugs is prohibited.
- Cell phone use is prohibited.
- The student's face must remain within view of the camera at all times.
- Honorlock will not add additional time for proctoring questions or technical issues encountered during the exam.