Honorlock Standard Exam Guidelines
When configuring your exam in Honorlock, you can enable specific proctoring guidelines. These guidelines are used by the proctors when reviewing your students in their exams. If a faculty member provides no testing guidelines, our proctors will abide by the following proctoring guidelines:
- Lighting in the room must be bright enough to show the student's face and the surrounding area in a clear and detailed manner.
- Students should be seated at a desk or table. Laying down in bed or elsewhere when taking the exam is not allowed.
- Students should clear their desk or table of all other materials (e.g., books, papers, notebooks, calculators, etc.)
- Students must show the work area as well as the entire room during the room scan.
- No visible writing on the desk or walls is permitted.
- All third-party programs and windows (websites, Excel, Word, etc.) on the testing computer must be closed before logging into the proctored test environment.
- Loud music, television, or other distractions playing in the background are prohibited.
- No other people or parties aside from the exam taker is permitted near the testing environment, and all communication between the exam taker and other people is prohibited.
- Students must not leave the room during the testing period at any time or take the computer into another room without Honorlock's permission.
- No breaks will be permitted.
- Use of hats, hoodies, headsets, or earplugs is prohibited.
- Cell phone use is prohibited.
- The student's face must remain within view of the camera at all times.
- Honorlock will not add additional time for proctoring questions or technical issues encountered during the exam.