Honorlock Standard Exam Guidelines
When configuring your exam in Honorlock, you have the ability to configure specific proctoring guidelines. These guidelines are used by the proctors when reviewing your students in their exams. If no testing guidelines are provided by a faculty member, the below proctoring guidelines will be followed by our proctors.
- Lighting in the room must be bright enough to show the student’s face and the surrounding area in a clear and detailed manner.
- Student should be seated at a desk or table. Laying down in bed or elsewhere when taking the exam is not allowed.
- Be sure the desk or table is cleared of all other materials. This means the removal of all books, papers, notebooks, calculators, etc. unless specifically permitted in posted guidelines for that particular examination.
- Students must show work area as well as the entire room during the room scan.
- No visible writing permitted on desk or on walls.
- All third-party programs and/or windows (websites, Excel, Word, etc.) on the testing computer must be closed prior to logging into the proctored test environment.
- Loud music, television, or other distractions playing in the background are prohibited.
- No other persons or parties aside from the exam taker should be permitted near the testing environment, and all communication between exam taker and third parties is prohibited.
- You must not leave the room during the testing period at any time. You must not take the computer into another room to finish testing (exam must be completed in the same room the “Exam Environment View” is completed in).
- No breaks will be permitted.
- Use of hats, hoodies, headsets, and/or earplugs is not permitted.
- Do not use a phone for any reason. The only exception is to contact support, which you should do within your exam window itself.
- The student’s face must remain within view of the camera at all times.
- No additional time will be added for proctoring questions or technical issues encountered during the exam.