Honorlock Release Notes
Below is a running list of information regarding any customer-facing Honorlock releases:
Version 5.0.0 (Web App) + Version 3.5.0 (Extension) April 6, 2021
- Failsafe Retrieval - Faculty will now have the ability to request failsafe images for a student session. These are available when a student with a poor internet connection takes an exam and Honorlock saves still images of the exam taker, rather than a video. Once the request is submitted, you will receive an email alerting you that the images have compiled and are available for download from the session viewer. For more information on how to request and access the failsafe images, please review our Failsafe Images article.
- For Universal third-party exams, when the student is ready to insert the password to begin the exam, the button text on the Honorlock camera window has been changed to “Click Here to Insert Password.”
- We have adjusted our room scan prompt text to “Make sure to show your desk area in the room scan.”
- Enhanced Allowed Site URLs user interface. The functionality of Allowed Site URLs is unchanged.
- Browser Guard performance improvements for MacOS.
- Chat transcripts when a Live Pop-In is conducted between the proctor and student will now be visible in the Session Viewer.
Version 4.9.0 (Web App) & Version 3.4.0 (Extension) March 9, 2021
- Face Detection improvements: In order to improve efficiency for our proctoring team and our instructors, we now have two separate logs for Face Not Clearly Visible (marked as a Medium or Yellow flag in the session; when the student’s face is partially visible in the camera view) and Face Not Detected (marked as a High or Red flag; when the student’s face is not visible within the camera view).
- Resolved a bug causing Blackboard Classic courses in a Blackboard Ultra institution to be unable to see the calculator or livechat options in some instances
- The camera dropdown is now hidden from students until the camera is activated
- Improved the reliability of the Disable Copy Paste toggle in Canvas
- Fixed a bug causing some users to encounter errors saving exams due to time zone settings
- Disabled global bypass pins for institutions by default
Version 4.7.0 (Web App) & Version 3.3.0 (Extension) February 9, 2021
- Improvements for our beta-version of Blackboard Ultra (additional information coming about this integration in the coming weeks)
- Removed the Honorlock support phone number from the practice exam
- Resolved sporadic issues in the session viewer causing video footage to loop when watching at speeds faster than 1x
- Updated Blackboard to show "Exam Browser Closed" flag when a student does not close the exam through the normal submit button
Version 4.4.0 (Web App) & Version 3.1.0 (Extension) December 28, 2020
- Honorlock now contains a feature that allows each institution to work with their CSM to establish departments within Honorlock. With the assistance of your dedicated CSM, departmental usage reports can be generated on a monthly cadence; additionally, if your contract is set up with various methods of payment, this will allow departments to have those reflected within Honorlock. Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager if you're interested in setting those up, and we'll be happy to configure those with you. Once those have been set up, each faculty member will be asked to select the department to which each course belongs; we have created this guide to assist them in that process.
- We made a change that will allow a select few beta customers to begin testing the first iteration of Honorlock’s new Blackboard Ultra integration. Additional details about this integration will be shared in the coming weeks.
- We fixed a bug where third-party/universal exams were showing the incorrect end time.
- Improvements to the Disable Cut/Copy feature.
Version 4.3.0 (Web App) & Version 3.0.0 (Extension) November 25, 2020
- Honorlock can now push urgent mid-exam notifications to students during their exams should there be an exam setup issue or any service interruption. This capability exists across Blackboard, D2L, and Canvas, as well as for 3rd party assessments.
- We made formatting improvements to the Honorlock Summary Report and the PDF export page. Students receiving a high flag will now appear appropriately.
Version 4.2.4 (Web App) November 19, 2020
- Performance improvements
Version 2.9.7 (Extension) November 18, 2020
- Fix an issue causing students’ exams to pause in non-proctored scenarios
- Fix an issue where the calculator was not accessible for certain Canvas exams
Version 2.9.6 (Extension) November 16, 2020
- Accessibility improvements
Version 4.2.2 (Web App) November 3, 2020
- Unpause student exam in 3 seconds or less once the face is in frame
- Fix an issue where D2L instructors were getting an error message when clicking on the Honorlock LTI
Was this article helpful?
Thanks so much for your feedback!
100% of people found this helpful.