Honorlock Release Notes
Below is a running list of information regarding any customer-facing Honorlock releases:
Version 5.3 (Web App) + Version 3.7.0 (Extension) June 8, 2021
- Improved the student payment experience. Students will now see all available payment options used by their institution (Pay for Exam, Pay for Course, or Enter Token) as the first step of the payment process. This will only impact schools where student-pay is an option.
- Improved facial detection in the Profile Picture authentication step to ensure that the student’s face is entirely in view.
- Improved performance of session results in courses with large student enrollments.
- For Blackboard users: Improved the accuracy of the “Exam Browser Closed” flag.
- For Blackboard users: Resolved a bug where some students could not successfully relaunch their webcam when prompted to do so.
- Resolved a bug where some students would not be prompted to relaunch Honorlock when an internet disconnection occurred.
Version 5.2 (Web App) + Version 3.6.0 (Extension) May 18, 2021
- An optional system check is now available on the exam launch page to ensure students meet our minimum system requirements.
- Updated the user interface of the Launch Proctoring page. The student guidelines are now categorized to the student as allowed and not allowed. If an exam has Allowed URLs enabled, the links will be shared with the student on the Launch Proctoring page. To see what the new student experience looks like, you can review THIS video.
- URLs are now clickable in mid-exam notifications.
- Improved LTI role security.
Version 5.1.0 (Web App) April 22, 2021
- Students will no longer be flagged or have their exam paused for being partially out of view if Scratch Paper Allowed, Notes Allowed, or Open Book Allowed is toggled on. Students that are completely out of view will still be flagged.
- For customers that utilize our Live Proctoring level of service, proctors will no longer perform Live Pop-Ins on students that are partially out of view if the Scratch Paper Allowed, Notes Allowed, or Open Book Allowed toggles are on. There will also be a time adjustment for the AI to alert proctors of when a student is completely out of view.
- Fixed a bug associated with exporting large student summary reports.
- Resolved a bug associated with missing course names/CRNs from D2L in the usage report that CSMs provide Key Administrators.
- Additional security improvements and bug fixes.
Version 5.0.0 (Web App) + Version 3.5.0 (Extension) April 6, 2021
- Failsafe Retrieval - Faculty will now have the ability to request failsafe images for a student session. These are available when a student with a poor internet connection takes an exam and Honorlock saves still images of the exam taker, rather than a video. Once the request is submitted, you will receive an email alerting you that the images have compiled and are available for download from the session viewer. For more information on how to request and access the failsafe images, please review our Failsafe Images article.
- For Universal third-party exams, when the student is ready to insert the password to begin the exam, the button text on the Honorlock camera window has been changed to “Click Here to Insert Password.”
- We have adjusted our room scan prompt text to “Make sure to show your desk area in the room scan.”
- Enhanced Allowed Site URLs user interface. The functionality of Allowed Site URLs is unchanged.
- Browser Guard performance improvements for MacOS.
- Chat transcripts when a Live Pop-In is conducted between the proctor and student will now be visible in the Session Viewer.
Version 4.9.0 (Web App) & Version 3.4.0 (Extension) March 9, 2021
- Face Detection improvements: In order to improve efficiency for our proctoring team and our instructors, we now have two separate logs for Face Not Clearly Visible (marked as a Medium or Yellow flag in the session; when the student’s face is partially visible in the camera view) and Face Not Detected (marked as a High or Red flag; when the student’s face is not visible within the camera view).
- Resolved a bug causing Blackboard Classic courses in a Blackboard Ultra institution to be unable to see the calculator or livechat options in some instances
- The camera dropdown is now hidden from students until the camera is activated
- Improved the reliability of the Disable Copy Paste toggle in Canvas
- Fixed a bug causing some users to encounter errors saving exams due to time zone settings
- Disabled global bypass pins for institutions by default
Version 4.7.0 (Web App) & Version 3.3.0 (Extension) February 9, 2021
- Improvements for our beta-version of Blackboard Ultra (additional information coming about this integration in the coming weeks)
- Removed the Honorlock support phone number from the practice exam
- Resolved sporadic issues in the session viewer causing video footage to loop when watching at speeds faster than 1x
- Updated Blackboard to show "Exam Browser Closed" flag when a student does not close the exam through the normal submit button
Version 4.4.0 (Web App) & Version 3.1.0 (Extension) December 28, 2020
- Honorlock now contains a feature that allows each institution to work with their CSM to establish departments within Honorlock. With the assistance of your dedicated CSM, departmental usage reports can be generated on a monthly cadence; additionally, if your contract is set up with various methods of payment, this will allow departments to have those reflected within Honorlock. Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager if you're interested in setting those up, and we'll be happy to configure those with you. Once those have been set up, each faculty member will be asked to select the department to which each course belongs; we have created this guide to assist them in that process.
- We made a change that will allow a select few beta customers to begin testing the first iteration of Honorlock’s new Blackboard Ultra integration. Additional details about this integration will be shared in the coming weeks.
- We fixed a bug where third-party/universal exams were showing the incorrect end time.
- Improvements to the Disable Cut/Copy feature.
Version 4.3.0 (Web App) & Version 3.0.0 (Extension) November 25, 2020
- Honorlock can now push urgent mid-exam notifications to students during their exams should there be an exam setup issue or any service interruption. This capability exists across Blackboard, D2L, and Canvas, as well as for 3rd party assessments.
- We made formatting improvements to the Honorlock Summary Report and the PDF export page. Students receiving a high flag will now appear appropriately.
Version 4.2.4 (Web App) November 19, 2020
- Performance improvements
Version 2.9.7 (Extension) November 18, 2020
- Fix an issue causing students’ exams to pause in non-proctored scenarios
- Fix an issue where the calculator was not accessible for certain Canvas exams
Version 2.9.6 (Extension) November 16, 2020
- Accessibility improvements
Version 4.2.2 (Web App) November 3, 2020
- Unpause student exam in 3 seconds or less once the face is in frame
- Fix an issue where D2L instructors were getting an error message when clicking on the Honorlock LTI
Did this answer your question?
Thanks so much for your feedback!
100% of people found this helpful.