Create a Practice Exam in D2L Brightspace
There is a simple way for you to help ensure your students are ready to use Honorlock. You have the ability within the Honorlock LTI to create a Practice Exam for students to get acclimated with the system and ensure they are prepared for when the real testing begins. Following the below instructions will create a short practice exam.
How to Create a Practice Exam
1) Navigate to Honorlock in your Learning Management System.
2) Locate and click the three white vertical dots in the top right of the LTI.
3) Click Add Practice Exam. Alternatively, you can download the Honorlock Practice Test file directly from this link. Please note that the exported file will save as a .zip file. It is important to save the exported file to your computer, or know how to access the file via the Downloads directory within your browser later on.
4) Next, the prompt below will appear. Click Download to access the file.
5) Once downloaded, proceed to click on Course Tools (located within the navigation bar at the top of the page), followed by Edit Course. Select Import / Export / Copy Components.
6) Select Import Components, then click Start.
7) Now you are ready to upload the file you previously downloaded, Honorlock_Practice_Test_D2L.zip. This can be done by either clicking Upload, or by dropping the file into the presented window. Once completed, select Import All Components, which will initiate the import process.
8) Once the import is completed, you will receive a confirmation prompt. You can View Content or go back to your exam list located within the Honorlock LTI found in your course.
9) Upon clicking OK in the previous step, you will notice that a Practice Exam has now been generated for you and will display in the LTI.
10) Now that you have successfully added a Practice Exam, it’s time to enable it with Honorlock. Click the blue Enable button.
11) Set up your proctoring options for the practice exam. It is recommended that you configure your practice exam to have the same proctoring options as your real exam to ensure students are familiar with the security settings and exam authentication process.
12) Click the blue Enable button to save your settings. Your practice exam is now enabled with Honorlock! Exams that are Honorlock enabled will display the blue Honorlock shield.