Course Copy - Canvas
Preparing for the start of a new semester has never been easier! Course copy now allows you to carry over your Honorlock enabled exams from semester to semester, while maintaining your desired Honorlock settings for each assessment.
Please watch the video below or scroll down for step by step instructions.
Copying Your Course
1) Log in to your Canvas instance as an instructor and navigate to the course you would like to copy.
2) Click on Settings, located within the navigation panel on the left.
3) Click on Copy this Course, located within the navigation panel on the right.
4) Proceed to enter the details for your new course. The following fields will be required:
- Course Code
- Start Date
- End Date
5) Select whether you would like to carry over all of your course’s content, or only copy specific items. You will also need to decide whether you would like to adjust the events and due dates for your new course. Once you have made all of your preferred selections, click on the Create Course button.
6) Once your course has been copied successfully, the status of the job will show as Completed.
7) Navigate back to your Canvas Dashboard and locate your newly created course. Proceed to click on the course.
8) Click on the Honorlock LTI, located within the navigation panel on the left.
9) Once selected, you will be presented with the option to carry over all Honorlock settings for all applicable exams you have copied. Please note that any copied Universal exams will require an update to both the start and end dates. To proceed with copying your Honorlock settings, click on Copy Settings.
10) Click the OK button, once presented with the confirmation prompt, to proceed with the copying of your Honorlock settings.
11) Once selected, the copying of your Honorlock settings will begin processing.
12) Once the process has been completed, you will be redirected to the Honorlock LTI, where you will find your list of Honorlock enabled exams.
You can also watch the below video as well: