Launching Proctoring for your Exam - LMS
1) Navigate to your exam within your LMS and click Launch Proctoring. If you do not see the Launch Proctoring button or are prompted for an access code even though you have installed the Honorlock Extension, please click here.
2) A small window will open to start proctoring for your exam. Depending on the settings of your exam, you may not have to complete all of the below steps.
3) If your professor has enabled BrowserGuard, you will be prompted to close any tabs not allowed by your professor. Click Close All Tabs to automatically close all open browser tabs.
4) Then, you will be prompted to Enable BrowserGuard. Once enabled, you will not be able to access any other applications or resources. Any attempts to do so will be flagged for academic review.
5) You will then be prompted to take your photo. If you have not used Honorlock previously, you will be prompted to Allow Honorlock access to your camera and microphone. You must select allow to proceed with proctoring your exam. If you selected Deny or encounter any other camera errors, please click here for troubleshooting steps.
6) You will be prompted to take a picture of your ID. Align your ID with the ID outline in the camera window. Be sure both your photo and your name is visible to the camera. If the image is blurry or unreadable, you will automatically be prompted to retake your picture. After 5 failed attempts, a support team member will be notified to assist you.
7) Following successful ID and photo validation, you may need to complete a Room Scan. You must show your entire workspace, including desk area, surrounding areas, any scratch paper or additional resources allowed by your professor. After filming the room scan, you will have the option to review the video and re-record if necessary.
8) You will now need to allow screen recording access. Click Launch Screen Recording. An additional window will open. Click on the small preview of your screen and then select Share
9) Once all authentication steps are completed, you will be prompted to start your exam. Select Click to Begin. Your exam will now be accessible in the main browser window.