2) Review the System Compatibility and Exam Guidelines and select Begin Authentication. If you do not see the Begin Authentication button or are prompted for an access code even though you have installed the Honorlock Extension, please click here.
3) A small window will open to begin the authentication process. Depending on the settings of your exam, you may not have to complete all of the below steps.
4) If your professor has enabled BrowserGuard, you will be prompted to close any tabs not allowed by your professor. Click Close Tabs to automatically close all open browser tabs.
5) If Browser Guard is enabled, you will be prompted with the message below. Once you click on continue, you will not be able to access any other applications or resources. Any attempts to do so will be flagged for academic review. You will then be prompted to review Privacy Details and select I understand to continue.
6) You will then be prompted to take your photo. If you have not used Honorlock previously, you will be prompted to Allow Honorlock access to your camera and microphone. You must select allow to proceed with proctoring your exam.
7) You will be prompted to take a picture of your ID. Align your ID with the ID outline in the camera window. Be sure both your photo and your name is visible to the camera. If the image is blurry or unreadable, you will automatically be prompted to retake your picture. After 5 failed attempts, a support team member will be notified to assist you.
8) Following successful ID and photo validation, you may need to complete a Room Scan. You must show your entire workspace, including desk area, surrounding areas, any scratch paper or additional resources allowed by your professor. After filming the room scan, you will have the option to review the video and re-record if necessary.
9) You will now need to allow screen recording access. Click Continue and then Share.
10) Once all authentication steps are completed, you will be prompted to select Focus Test Window. Your exam will now be accessible in the main browser window. Click Start Exam.